Wednesday, April 30, 2014

on my mind


Spring has sprung! Nothing feels more like spring than all the beautiful plants that can be bought and then loved and nurtured from Farmer's Markets all over. Due to designing and decorating the interior of my new apartment in New York, plants are always on my mind. Not just the different types, but how to keep them alive, how to stylize them within my home and how many more I can add to my collection.

My favorite flower is the Gardenia. This is also my Mother's and one that is dear to my heart. The fresh floral fragrance always brings romanticized childhood memories flooding into my mind. I will admit it is also my signature scent. I wear the Tocca Florence perfume often which is rich with the floral scent of Gardenias. If you are ever in Anthropologie or Sephora smell it, you will be in love. Not only is this flower fragrant, but an absolutely astounding white flower.

My favorite plant right now is all the different succulent variations. This plant also is close to my heart being that it was my favorite piece in the ensemble of my wedding bouquet. Succulents are desert flowers/ plants that are incredibly easy to take care of and look stunning. I am currently collecting all the best looking succulent variations from the Union Square Farmer's Market to create a gorgeous coffee table arrangement.

What are some of your favorite spring plants?